First month away from home

It's been a month since I left my home to begin a new chapter in my life.

The morning of the 25th August, I decided to package all my things and take a plane to a new different country, Ireland. We, my parents and little sister accompained me, arrived at Dublin at 2pm and took a bus to Limerick, the city I will call home for the next eight months. The bus trip was really long, it took almost 4 hours to arrive at Limerick, but it wasn't that bad, I took photos of every single thing we saw.

photo taken by me 25/08/17
Ireland is known for being a very religious country and it's true. There are churches every 10 steps. I saw that one while I was one the bus. As you can see, it's huge and the cementery is also next to it ( you can't appreciate it on the photo). But there are not only christian churches, but also polish or ... churches.

But Ireland is also known for being a green country and serioulsy this is the most beuatiful thing of it. There's green everywhere. The countryside is absolutely breathtaking. And well the reason why it's so green is because it rains almost every day.
photo taken by me 25/08/17











We arrived at Limerick around 8:30pm. I’m not going to talk about the hotel because hotels are the same everywhere. The next morning we prepared everything to go to my new apartment. Once we arrived there, the landlord arrived to welcome us. My apartment is nothing from the other world; it has a kitchen and a living room, a bathroom and three bedrooms for me and my roommates, two Irish girls.
When my parents left all my things in the room, the reality hit me. I was going to live by my own for the next nine months and that at first sight is scary. 


It’s been a month since my parents came back to Spain. I have been living by my own for already one month and I can see proudly that I have survived hahaha. No one bet for me at the begining, you all thought I was not going to eat anything or I was going to be quiet every single day.

To be honest, I thought this was going to be way harder than it has been. I thought I was going to be crying every single night but no. I did when I left Spain, when my parents left and when someone sent me a very touching message. The rest of the days, I have been really fine, settling here, and making new friends; seriously I’m discovering a new part of myself.

It is true I am still scared of talking because you know, that’s part of myself ( I can’t get rid of everything). But there are still like eight months to go so it is okay.

And this is all for now. 

Limerick - photo taken by me 26/08/17




Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first month and well done for learning how to survive by yourself.. I'm proud of you (I tell you this almost every week) and I bet your parents and that special person are too! Can't wait to read and live this experience with you, captain ❤😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment